Forums

Forum Home > Iridium Server Manager Help > Sticky: Trouble Shooting and FAQs (Look here First)

Revan Maxwell

This thread is a place where common issues and and fixes can be found. Be sure to read through the fixes carefully. Also, expect this FAQ to get larger as time passes and more issues are brought up.

Common issues to look for.

Under Server Properties:
Is java path set to Auto Detect? √

Is Jar File Name set to  "craftbukkit.jar" (or whatever the name of your server jar file is)? √

If both answers are yes, and you're getting errors still, uncheck Java Path, and manually Browse through your drive and look for the "java.exe" or "javaw.exe" and update your script.

If you can't find the java applications, or if the server still does not run with the selected java apps, you may need to update/install Java.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I get  "'java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

A 1. Make sure you have Auto Detect on the Java Path option checked in the Server Startup Parameters.

Check this by looking on the Manager Console, and clicking "Set Parameters."

A 2. The "auto detect java" simply uses "java" as the path for java.exe, but it doesn't always work on everyone's computer for some reason. So, open up the properties manager (next to the start server button) and browse for "java.exe". It should be in your program files folder or program files (x86) folder. Once you find it, click on java.exe and then hit "update" in the properties window. then try running the server again

--------------------------------------

February 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Revan Maxwell

This is an example of how your Server Parameters should be set up: Click Here!

Java Path"
Java path needs to either have the auto-detect box clicked, or a path to a Java console (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\bin\java.exe) selected for it to work. If both box are blank, your server will not run!

Initial Memory Maximum Memory:
[ImminentFate I'd rather you explain this section]

Memory is handled in MB. In my example, I have 1024 as 1024MB = 1GB. Be mindful, the more memory you use, the more taxing the server is on your computer. Do not mess with this unless you know what you are doing.

Jar File Name:

In my example, I am using a bukkit server, which use the default name "craftbukkit.jar"
DO NOT FORGET TO ADD the ".jar" OR YOUR SERVER WILL NOT RUN!

When using a non-bukkit, just replace "craftbukkit" with the name of the jar file of your server.

For Hamachi, to my knowledge, you need to download the minecraft_server.jar file from the mincraft website and use it instead of craftbukkit. It does not have it's own unique .jar file. Do not use the .exe file. It will not work.

March 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

subpixel

Just a quick note on trouble I was experiencing:  I was getting the "'java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I was able to fix this issue by renaming my craftbukkit file to theplain jain "craftbukkit.jar" rather than the development build of craftbukkit-1.5-R0.1-20130315.192915-2.jar .  Not sure if you guys know this or check for it when you create your script build.  

March 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ImminentFate
Site Owner

Kevin at April 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Windows Vista 32-bit.

Upon starting the program: I get the splash screen, then a dialog box: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application blah blah blah...

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly

'Microsoft.Viualbasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken(code)' or one of its dependencies.

Upon clicken  continue, nothing happens, and I have to get rid of the process in task manager to do it again.

I tried to download vidual basic 2010, but the same thing happens after I installed it. However, there is no microsoftsdk folder in my program files.

Here's the entirety of the text at the bottom.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

{Admin Note: Removed excessively large text string ~ImminentFate}

your error occurs because you didn't follow the instructions - which detail that you do require the Visual Basic Powerpacks v10 to get this to work. Try to check the footnotes next time :). You can grab the VB Powerpacks from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=145727&clcid=0x804

April 16, 2013 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Isilenceuall

Guys, before posting here please READ the error message, most of the time they give vital information that can help you fix the problem long before any of us can do exactly what you could have done from the start, so please READ THE ERROR's. If you dont understand, then post here in the forums with any pertinent information.

A few guidelines to follow when reading errors:

1. If it says ANYTHING about Visual Basic, VIsual Basic PowerPacks or anything even relatively close to that, chances are you have not downloaded the right framework for the program to run. So download VBPP here and try it again.

2. LEAVE THE SERVER IP BLANK IN THE PROPERTIES FILE. Unless you specifically know what you're doing, LEAVE THIS BLANK, as if you try to dictate an ip, it will not work.

3. If it says something about failing to bind to a port, check a) that there isnt another program on your network using that port and b) that there isnt another "java.exe" listed in the processes tab in the task manager.

If you guys could please check these 3 common issues, it will help you solve your own problems much faster than we can get back to you. Like i said, if its over your head, thats fine, give it a shot, then come here

Thanks everyone :), Isilenceuall

--

May 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KitDrago

Everything is installed properly, and I still get the following error. All 3 checks have been checked. What next?

[code]

Everything is installed properly. VBBPB10, Java, etc.

Running Iridium in c:\iIridiumMine

When it runs, or I change settings I get the following.

[code]

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.ShapeCollection.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.ShapeContainer.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at IridiumServerManager.Configuration.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Iridium Server Manager

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file//CIridiumMine/Iridium%20Server%20Manager.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.20911.1

CodeBase: file//CWindows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file//CWindows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/code]

June 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isilenceuall

After updating to the most recent verison, (which i apparantly havent done in a while xD) i too get this error, and is likely that this is a bug produced from the recent update, it's not fatal so just ignore it while Fate works on a patch.

--

June 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Synx

Error: Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar 

I need help :C

May 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ImminentFate
Site Owner

Synx at May 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Error: Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar 

I need help :C

make sure your downloaded craftbukkit.jar file is actually called craftbukkit.jar. 
Also, probably check that you actually have downloaded the file first. This can be done from the Download tab. 

May 17, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.